• Kinsley Winters enjoying the Family Resource Library in Burnsville with a very hungry caterpillar. (Submitted)
    Kinsley Winters enjoying the Family Resource Library in Burnsville with a very hungry caterpillar. (Submitted)

Fall Wee Trade sale is Sept. 19-21

Fall is rapidly approaching. September is here, and it is time for the AMY Wee Trade Fall/Winter consignment sale, benefiting the Imagination Library. 

This year the sale is Thursday, Sept. 19, through Saturday, Sept. 21, at the Cross Street Commerce Center, 31 Cross St. in Spruce Pine. Thursday is the preview day, and admission to shop early is $5. There is no admission charge Friday and Saturday, and many items will be marked half-off Saturday. Doors open at 8 a.m. all three days, and we are open until 6 p.m. Thursday and Friday and until 2 p.m. Saturday. Saturday hours are longer this year to allow more folks to shop longer.

This sale features the very best in “gently used” and new children’s spring and summer clothing, toys, furniture, bedding equipment and much, much more. If you need things for kids, the AMY Wee Trade consignment sale is the place to shop. 

Stuffed animals are no longer accepted for consignment at the AMY Wee Trade sale, but the Blue Ridge Partnership for Children will have a box there to collect gently loved stuffed animals for our Teddy Bear Clinics at Healthy Halloween and Child Fest if you have some that need a new home.

If you have items your child no longer uses, and you would like more information about how to consign at the AMY Wee Trade sale, email mytrade@gmail.com, call 828-682-0047 or 828-733-2899 or visit our website at BlueRidgeChildren.org. Consignors receive 70 percent of their sales, and the remaining 30 percent benefits the Imagination Library in Avery, Mitchell and Yancey counties. 

More than 1,800 children in the tri-county area currently receive a free book each month from Imagination Library, and 162,371 books have been distributed since 2006. This year at our Taste of the Blue Ridge event, the Partnership recognized the founding members of the Imagination Library Committee who had the vision of bringing this beloved program to our area. Thank you Faye and Brooks Barber, Judy Knight, Susan McKenzie, Charlene Phillips, Elaine Percival, and Judy and Bill Sears for your tireless efforts in planning and fund-raising to bring Imagination Library to our area and ensure its success. Your efforts have positively impacted so many lives and continue to change lives.

The MItchell News

Mailing Address: PO Box 339 
Spruce Pine, NC 28777 
Phone: 828-765-7169
Fax: 828-765-1616