COLUMN: So much to do, so little time
I am always busy. Whether it's work or at home, I still have more things to do than I time to do them. But, in the newspaper business, that is a fantastic problem to have.
We have all said to ourselves at some point, "I wish there were something we could do today." Well, "today" is definitely upon us. There is so much going on in our little community this weekend getting to it all is likely an impossibility.
Let’s take a look at our options:
• The Spruce Pine Alien Conference and Expo, or SPACE, festival comes to Spruce Pine. The two-day event offers something for everyone and is expected to bring thousands of people to Mitchell County.
• The Parkway Fire and Rescue Carnival takes place through Sunday, June 16, in the field above Skyview Circle in Spruce Pine.
• The Bakersville galleries are staying open late for another Art Walk from 4-7 p.m. Friday, June 14.
• The Mitchell High School Performing Arts Department is hosting a Pig Pickin’ event from noon-3 p.m. Saturday, June 15, with live music and food.
• Emerald Village in Little Switzerland is hosting RockFest with a variety of activities through Sunday, June 16.
• The Artisan League of Little Switzerland is having its Spring Arts and Crafts Market from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday, June 16, and Sunday, June 16, at Geneva Hall in Little Switzerland.
• The Tipton Hill Community Foundation has its monthly bingo at 6 p.m. Saturday, June 15, at the community foundation building.
So, there’s plenty to do this weekend in Mitchell County. Let’s try and get to experience all of it.